1.5 Ltr Hawkins Contura Black Pressure Cooker
What is Hard Anodising?
Hard Anodising was first developed by Russian scientists to produce a metal surface tough enough for space travel. The same technology is now used to make the most advanced Pressure Cooker. Through a process of electrolysis at sub-zero temperature using a high intensity electric current, a 60 micron thick layer of aluminium oxide (AI2O3) is formed molecule by molecule as an integral part of pure, virgin aluminium. This process is called Hard Anodising. It produces a tough surface with wonderful properties for cooking.
Salient Features :
- Thermal-efficient: heats fast and evenly
- Not spoilt by high heat
- 2.4 times harder than steel
- Non-toxic, non-staining, non-reactive with foods
- Will not pit, tarnish or corrode
- Stays looking new for years
Base Flat Diameter (mm)
Base Thickness (mm)